Shop in Your Own Closet: I said goodbye to my tankini last summer, but is the cover-up is still fun. Whatever I buy will need to coordinate with my flips, sunglasses and hat to keep it simple.
Minimal Accessories. On family holidays, I wear my screw-in diamond studs and a pendant necklace only. It's easy and still feels fabulous!
MISSES and PETITE:
Complete the Look:
- Hat: No one needs extra wrinkles! Hats are gorgeous and provide great shade.
- Sunglasses. A classic pair will last you for years. If you tend to misplace them, buy sunglass straps.
- Cover-Up. If you're out all day, a cover-up is essential. Wear it to lunch then toss it later on for extra protection from the afternoon sun.
Use the Trends:
- White: Modern, fresh and clean. Invite all these in with white accessories this Summer.
- Dots and Houndstooth: Two hot patterns this year, both provide visual distraction for your less-than-photoshopped-perfect body. (Nobody is perfect -- really!)
- Beach Hair: Let your hair air-dry this Summer. It's better for the Earth and it looks great. Try a messy braid, loose waves or a mussed top-knot.
Change It Up? Personally, I love keeping it simple on holiday. If you've got two great swim outfits, just alternate. No one is going to get bored of your sophisticated, polished look!
If you're living in your swimsuit this summer, however, treat this look like an outfit. Buy another full look with two swimsuits to alternate.
Purchase the Look! Each month, DailyOutfit will present a head-to-toe look so you can experience what it's like to have a stylist working directly for you. Each look is tagged by body type and by occasion and available in three size ranges (Misses, Petite and Plus). Choose the items that work for you!
|ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE? Sign up for more and get your Style Passport Tips — free!|